Saturday, September 29, 2007

Fabulous 50 and Fall Foliage

Yesterday was the big birthday -- I am now officially 50 years young! My husband and I are celebrating by taking a road trip through the forests of Idaho, Montana and Wyoming, culminating in a focused few days in Yellowstone Park and the Grand Tetons. We are armed with binoculars and digital camera, and ready to scope, spot and shoot as much wildlife as God lets us witness. I completely love this brand of hunting :)

I love the Fall season -- the air is crisp, the trees are beautiful shades of gold, red, and just a touch of green. The rivers are running cold, the mountains have just a dusting of snow, and the animals are busy preparing for the winter months. And, 28 years ago, my husband and I celebrated our wedding day; this truly is a special season for me.

Truly the heavens do declare the glory of God, and the skies truly do show forth His handiwork; I love being allowed to witness the Master Designer's masterpiece!

4 comments:

Sharon Goemaere said...

Hi Bev,
Found your blog through the church website.Love it!Husband and I live in Stayton.Attend church in Mill City when we can(babysit on weekends(granddaughter)and sometimes timing prevents church attendance.Just wanted to say hello(btw I am to be 46 at end of November so we are close in age).
Blessings~Sharon

Unknown said...

ahahaha, you're all old and stuff

Mama Bev said...

but I'm still here. . . :)

Ashton said...

Hello Bev,
I am 51 turned that in January this year so I know the feeling boy it does feel...so many things that and going through THE CHANGE! SOMEBODY HELP!'what do you do!' I am commenting because I noticed how you were encouraging this woman: Kyrgystan. I was reading the comments for the study No Other Gods and I thought how sweet you offered to someone you don't know help. That is so wonderful when people reach out to help! Just to let you know...Allison

Blog Archive

About Me

Stayton, Oregon, United States
I am a woman in her 50s; a wife of nearly 30 years; a mother to adult children scattered throughout the country; an expectant grandmother; a pastor's wife; a mentor; a birdwatching enthusiast; an animal lover; but, most importantly, I am a bondslave of Jesus Christ, and passionate about God and His Word and His Ways!