Sunday, October 14, 2007

Back to Psalm 119

Let your steadfast love come to me, O Lord,
your salvation according to your promise;
then shall I have an answer for him who taunts me,
for I trust in your word.
And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth,
for my hope is in your rules.
I will keep your law continually,
forever and ever,
and I shall walk in a wide place,
for I have sought your precepts.
I will also speak of your testimonies before kings
and shall not be put to shame,
for I find my delight in your commandments,
which I love.
I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love,
and I will meditate on your statutes.

(Psalm 119:41-48 ESV)



I am so blessed when I pray through a psalm. These are the very words of God, and He truly knows me, and what is best. He promised salvation to me, because of His steadfast love; why should I let some taunts and criticism defeat me? I can trust His word to be true, and trust that His rules are right. There is joy and confidence in following God's way, because I am following the way of a heavenly Father-Creator, who has my best at heart, and can be absolutely depended upon. I do so love Him!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Stayton, Oregon, United States
I am a woman in her 50s; a wife of nearly 30 years; a mother to adult children scattered throughout the country; an expectant grandmother; a pastor's wife; a mentor; a birdwatching enthusiast; an animal lover; but, most importantly, I am a bondslave of Jesus Christ, and passionate about God and His Word and His Ways!